Friday, June 06, 2008

Zimbabwe Leader Has Become Petty Dictator

It is a shame that Robert Mugabe, the man who decades ago led Zimbabwe to independence from European colonialism has become a petty dictator that is jailing political opponents, stealing an election, and violating the rights of untold numbers of people. Here are a few articles on what is going on there:

Zimbabwe halts opposition rallies BBC News - The order came after police briefly detained opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai ahead of a rally in the second largest city of Bulawayo.
Death of an Activist: Zimbabwe opposition campaigner pays with his life for his beliefs

Zimbabwean opposition leader detained again International Herald Tribune

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey coraggio, It's me helen again...
But wow this article was very interesting as are all. I did was aware of the dictatorship government going on over there, but not aware of how no one has the right to life, and liberty, and making your own decision when voting. I just can;t believe that their government can stoop so low into only accepting people who will vote for instead of against. And the whole thing of how if your not a supporter, they take away all of your government finances. It's just unreal to me. Well, in comparison to our government it's like they are on a completely different planet, but they are not. A similarity between Eritrea and Zimbabwe that I disagree with is the whole dictatorship government. In Eritrea, currently citizens of the country are not aloud to leave the country, not even for vacation, we have to go over there. THe only people that can leave is oldddddddd people like really really sick. It makes me compare it to how Zimbabwe is like" well no, if you don;t want me then your just not getting anything from the government any more" NOOOOO! it should never be like that, they should have the rights to have whatever type of government they want as well as the whole government thing not being able to feed their people, if your even thinking about being this superior person and all, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If your going to ban food aid, your just evil, people are starving. I mean when I saw that Mr. Mugabee's government was handing out food as weapons to get votes, that just made me sick.I honesty feel like in third world countries, governments completely underestimate their people, and it makes me so mad because they are so so smart. Well this is how i would take it if someone did that to me..." oh by the way here some food, but wait,,, you are starving and i can see that so you can only get some if you vote for me..not against. They are taking advantage of the one thing the Zimbabwe people need, which is food. Thats all