Friday, June 23, 2006

School's Out for Summer!

Oh, a good feeling, but it always takes me a few days to actually feel like school is over and realize I don't have a stack of papers waiting to be graded, or a lesson plan needing to be thrown together. It will sink in soon though. So, no current events news today - my head isn't ready to write cogently (look it up!) about the world. The Senate had a ridiculous debate about setting a timetable for withdrawal from Iraq yesterday that was ridiculous since it was a non-binding resolution.

Congratulations to all of the seniors that graduated this week! I've talked with some of you and have heard a lot of mixed feelings about graduating. In someways, there is all this build up and then some inevitable let down once the ceremony and everything is all over - not unusual really. How are you seniors feeling about being high school graduates now?

Sports note: It is fun to be a Mariners fan these days. They lost last night, but hey, it is fun to have some thing to cheer about. I still haven't gotten into the whole World Cup thing, but was talking to some people at a graduation party last night and it occured to me that Italy is still in this thing. Should I be getting some ethnic pride and supporting them, or would it be a waste of my time - like expecting Italy's military to make a difference in either or the world wars.

Gamer note: I asked my family to delay any Father's Day gifts until after the end of the school year. So now, I've got it and already logged a few hours on Oblivion for Xbox 360. Fun game!

No comments: