Sunday, December 26, 2004

Governor Gregoire?

Well, I'm not so sure it is over yet, but for now, the official results of the gubernatorial election say that Christine Gregoire defeated Dino Rossi by 130 votes. The Sunday edition of the Seattle Times did a good job of trying to explain how we got to this point and what might happen next.

After considering what has happened, do you think the election is over? Do you think Gregoire is the deserving winner? Was the recount fair or at least as fair as possible? These are important questions...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is looking like we finally have an accurate look at what the votes really said. Today a nicely-dressed woman came up to me and tapped the "Chris Gregoire 2004" button I was wearing and said "She really fought hard, huh? Now it looks like it payed off!" and smiled. To think that those thousands of people voted for the Libertarian candidate, Ruth Bennett (I think that's her name...). I bet many of those people are kicking themselves now for allowing Rossi to come as close as he did to the governorship.

-Keith Isbell

Anonymous said...

I do not think that this election is completely over just yet. If Christine had not given up when she was down after the first count, she would not have been able to see that she really had more votes than Rossi. I think that he is not going to give up any easier, and I am also not completely against another election to be held. Maybe with how the results have turned out it will get the attention to the voters that every vote really does count, and when filling out your ballot read all directions and completely fill in the bubble, not slach it or circle the name.... I do feel sorry for some of those people though....
Adrienne