Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bush Visits Iraq, Iraqi Journalist Throws Shoes at Him

I wonder if he gets the message now? I fitting end to the Bush presidency, and an image that will probably endure throughout history as a symbol of the cluelessness and foolishness of the U.S. doctrine of pre-emptive invasion.



According to CNN:
The shoe-thrower -- identified as Muntadhar al-Zaidi, an Iraqi journalist with Egypt-based al-Baghdadia television network -- could be heard yelling in Arabic: "This is a farewell ... you dog!"

While pinned on the ground by security personnel, he screamed: "You killed the Iraqis!"

1 comment:

The Gentle Manne said...

I think that Bush's face after saying "so what if the guy threw a shoe at me?" perfectly sums up his character and his presidency. Funny and sad, I guess.