Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Help Kelly help the Tsunami victims

If anything good can come of this tragedy, it is all of the compassion and generosity that people of the United States and the world have shown to the victims of the tsunami in South Asia. If we keep this up, the world may come to understand that there is a lot of goodness in the people of America. So, here is a message from Kelly Hansen:

Hey guys..
The more I read about the tsunami disaster, the worse it gets. I am so overwhelmed with sorrow and grief for the lives lost. Can you really believe it? As our lives here seem so relatively uneffected, on the other side of the globe HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of HUMAN BEINGS are gone. dead. generations wiped out.

On top of all of this.. orphan children are being kidnapped and sold into prostitution. It's atrocious. I get so sick to my stomach. I don't care how horrible you are, no one should EVER do that. EVER. I can only imagine, being a mother, dying in a natural disaster like that, and having my BABY GIRL taken, beaten, starved, abused, and then commited to a life of prostitution. I'm furious at those bastards.

In an effort to help.. I'm making bracelets..and donations of 5 bucks (suggested) would be great, if you'd like one. i'll have them at school friday or monday.. and at the swim meet friday night. get one.. make a difference. PLEASE.. help me help others.
Thank You
Kelly

No comments: