Sunday, June 13, 2004

Thanks for the response!

Thanks for the response from those of you that posted some comments. It was great to hear your thoughts. I enjoyed hearing from all of you that posted! This seems like it might be a fun thing to try to get going. I hope to catch up on some personal e-mails to a few of you soon. For now, I'm taking the advice of my wife and Nate Porter, who suggest I get my grades done!

I guess I wasn't the only one feeling a bit "off" about the coverage of Ronald Reagan's death.

I missed the coverage of the big ceremony in D.C., but I did watch in full the coverage of the "Final Farewell" in California at Sunset. I thought hearing the personal comments of his children - Michael, Patti, and Ron Jr., were quite moving. Each of them had difficult relationships with their father at different points in their lives, and it was nice to see that they had reconciled and come to be at peace with the relationship they had with their father before his death.

For now, I'm much to busy to get into any more detail about serious world affairs, but I've realized that a lot of the e-mail addresses that I have are old, so if you would like to pass on the e-mail addresses of more MRHS alumni, I'd love to have them. Or, if you know they might be interested in popping off on some political issues, send them to this blog site.


No comments: